34 Camden Street Lower, Dublin, Ireland
This mixed-use urban infill project, on a narrow site, consists of five residential units (one per floor), retail and office programs, and a basement opening onto a sunken courtyard. The lot currently sits vacant, the result of a 2012 fire that destroyed its three storey Georgian dwelling. In 1902 this was the site of the Irish National Theater Society (a precursor to the Abbey Theatre) and in 1909 Countess Markievicz and Bulmer Hobson founded the Irish National Boy Scouts (Na Fianna Eireann) here. Our project pays tribute to this history with a memorial and fits into the context by stepping back the building mass.
Project Team: Peter Tolkin, Lucia Sanjuan, Albert Escobar, Denise Nugent
Executive Architect: Merrigan Phelan Architects